Pilates Grace for Ageing Bodies – March 2020
Movement, ageing and transcendence. Pilates workshops that focus on strengthening muscles, bones, joint function, posture, balance issues and feeling vibrant from the feet up.
The Healing Place is proud to introduce Amy Havens, an experienced Pilates educator and teacher from the USA, who is coming to New Zealand in March 2020 to share her Pilates expertise in the management and prevention of joint, muscle and bone issues, including flexibility, mobility and balance issues.
Pilates teachers and students of all ages and abilities will benefit from Amy’s workshops, especially those wanting to learn how Pilates can help with the management and prevention of conditions like osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, kyphosis and balance issues.
Ageing doesn’t have to be boring, scary, off-putting or filled with “you can’t do that” stereotypes. My workshops will reinforce “you can do ALL of these things”. You can ‘transcend’ and push beyond your boundaries. Age is just a number anyway, right?! I intend to help break down some myths that ageing has to be a certain way and that movement teachers need to limit what they give ‘ageing people’. Reality is quite the opposite … there are so many things ageing bodies can do and should be doing!
Amy Havens’ Qualifications and Experience
Amy believes in ongoing continuous education within a supportive and professional Pilates community, and is constantly looking to better her own Pilates practice. Her extensive training, professional memberships and experience includes:
- PhysicalMind Institute™, with Madeline Black
- The Kathy Grant Heritage Training Program™, with Cara Reeser
- Pilates Conservatory™, with Pat Guyton
- The BASI Mentor/Master Program®, with Rael Isacowitz
- Pilates for Neurological Conditions®, with Mariska Breland
- Buff Bones®, with Rebekah Rotstein
- Gil Hedley’s 6-Day Intensive Hands-On Human Dissection Workshops (twice)
- Amy is a Level 1 Certified Fascial Stretch Therapist (FST) as well as a member of the Fascial Stretch Therapy Association (USA)
- Amy is a member of the Pilates Method Alliance and is a PMA Certified Pilates Teacher
- Amy is a member of IADMS (International Association of Dance Medicine & Science)
- Amy is a member of the IDEA Health and Fitness Association
- Amy is a volunteer for Hospice Santa Barbara and a regular donor to the ALS Association
- Amy has owned her studio (CenterPoint Pilates) in Santa Barbara, California, since 2001
Amy is one of the original teachers on Pilates Anytime. In addition to teaching for the online studio, she is one of the brains behind content development, designing class programming and educational strategies for the global Pilates platform. She works with some of the most notable Pilates educators in the industry and has over 280 of her own classes online.
Sign up for the Latest News
Sign up to receive the latest news from The Healing Place!
Find out first about Pilates educators coming to New Zealand and receive special offers to attend their workshops.